Monday, April 30, 2012

What It's Like To Feel The Baby Kick


This week was a huge landmark for this pregnancy - I finally felt the baby kick! I have actually been starting to worry that I might never feel it (yes, I know I am a drama queen!), because I was almost 22 weeks along. I had heard that it could start as early as 15 weeks, so I was growing impatient.

Wednesday night at midnight after one of my many trips to the bathroom, I was settling back into bed to try to fall asleep, when I finally felt it. At first, I had no idea what it was...but then, I KNEW! It felt like static charged butterly kisses behind my belly button.

I was so excited that I woke up my sweet slumbering husband, who didn't mind at all. He just smiled, and kissed me, and then, put his hand over my belly and said "Hello, little one...we've been waiting to hear from you!" It was a very sweet moment, and definitely worth the wait!

Since then, the baby has been moving and grooving - especially yesterday in church. It was "Music Sunday" at Riverchase United Methodist, and they had performances from a special orchestra, handbell choir, children's choir and the sanctuary choir. Each time the music cranked up, our little one started kicking along. I think he or she might be a musician in the making!

No comments:

Post a Comment