I know you've just been hanging on the edge of your seat wanting to know how I am doing with my New Year's Resolutions - so, here's the update! Yes, I am still plugging away on them...
1. Get real estate license: I have decided to get it through Realty South - but am putting off starting the course for two more months, because of working on a free lance voice project...more on that below.
2. Clean out every closet/attic in the house: I have cleaned out all of our linen closets (and as luck would have it, we had a neighbor that had a house burn down and needed linens the day after I did it!), and I have cleared out all of the maternity clothes from my closet. I have also given all of the clothes that Diana has outgrown to other mommies that might be able to use them. The bathroom and kitchen are next!!
3. Run 3 different 5 k's: I was GOING to run one last Saturday, but had to work...so, that didn't happen. I've been training, and think I might try to run in one called the Rumpshaker at the end of the month.
4. Raise $5000 for Komen: We are in FULL swing in trying to get sponsors and donations for this year's Chefs for the Cure (June 20th at The Club!). So far, I have secured donations of auction items that should get Komen about $500...10% of the way there. More to come!
5. Rework my blog to make it profitable: Haven't done this at all. I need to get more consistent about posting before I try to do this. This will be my second post this week, so that's progress....
6. Create new profile for Voice 123/ACX and pursue voicework: Done and done! I won an audition to do an audiobook - and have started recording it! I am really excited, and can't wait to share the finished project with you!!!! It's very time consuming - which is why the real estate license/blogging has taken kind of a backseat.
7. Get back down to my wedding weight by my anniversary: I am officially down 10 pounds since the beginning of the year! I'll keep chipping away - and it will happen!!
8. Beef up our savings account/emergency fund and save up for a down payment on a new house: Emergency fund is FULLY funded and we are 10% of the way on our way to getting the amount we want for our down payment. My wonderful husband is working a part time job to make more progress possible - and I am doing all the freelance/endorsement work I can find to make it happen sooner than later!
9. Drink 64 ox. of water a day: Most days, I hit this or get close, but I am glad that I am checking in on this because I need to be more diligent about it. I can totally tell a difference when I do - and it's so simple to do!
So, there you have it! Progress in most areas - and a recommitment to making progress in the other areas, too!