Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Parking lot gratitude

Like most people, I have a jam-packed schedule, so today, when I found myself with a spare hour between appointments, it felt like a luxury. Truth be told, it is! I often schedule my days so tightly that I even have to remember to account for driving time between places because otherwise, I commit myself to being in two places at once.

With time to spare, I checked a few things off of my "to do" list: went to the baby store to get a refund for a coupon I had forgotten to use when I was there last, picked out Diana's first Easter basket, cleaned the trash out of my car....nothing major, but all things that have been nagging at me.

Before my next appointment starts, I am sitting in a parking lot listening to an interview with an incredible choir director on the radio, with the sun beaming through my windows and the windows down. I have an iced green tea in my cup holder, and just ate a scrumptious birthday cake pop.

In short, life is good.

Maybe I should start scheduling some time like these in my days going forward!

Usually, I compose gratitude lists to help turn a nasty mood around, but today, I just want to do it to take stock of this moment. Maybe that will encourage me to have more of these moments!

Today, I am grateful for:
- Sunshine. Lots of places don't have any today, and it's glorious here today in Alabama.
- Starbucks gift card - S gave it to me for Christmas, and it's the gift that keeps on giving. I was able to get a treat for myself, even though we are in hard core savings mode.
- Coupons - it's become a game to me to use coupons. I don't buy anything unless it is with a coupon or on sale. It makes me feel less guilty about spending money - and I've started to keep track of how much I have saved to see it stacking up. So far, I have saved $606 in the past 32 days! Incredible!
- Friends that remember to check in when they say they will - when someone asks for prayers or tells me of an issue they are dealing with, I worry. I appreciate them reporting back how things turned out.
- A great day care - I would never be able to do all that I do without knowing that Diana is in good hands every day.

Dear God, thank you for my many blessings - both those listed above and those You know are in my heart. Life is good. Please help me to continue to focus on the positive and outwardly show my gratitude. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment