When I started this blog, it began as a place to put my daily gratitude lists. I realized yesterday that it has been a LONG time since I posted one of them (even though I am still doing them in my head pretty much daily), and I have so very much to be grateful for that it is long overdue to pause and publicly take stock of the many, many blessings in my life.
Today, I am grateful for:
- S. He really is the perfect partner for me. He is strong in all of my weak places, and has literally made all of my dreams come true.
- a healthy baby. Every time we go to the doctor, we get a good report. Nothing makes me happier.
- the amount of love and support we have gotten during this entire pregnancy. I am constantly amazed at how many people offer support, advice, gifts and prayers to us and our little one.
- medical insurance. Last night, we sat down and calculated how much it would cost to have this little one without insurance, and while we are still going to have to come out of pocket thousands of dollars, it's not nearly what it would be if we didn't have insurance.
- my mom. Despite the fact that she has been gone for 12 years now, she has found numerous ways to "check in" lately, whether it's through a pregnancy journal I found at the most opportune time, or a blanket I didn't know she had made for my cousin's kids, or through a plant she gave me blooming at the perfect moment, my mother's presence is alive and well. She was an incredible mother, and continues to mother me from beyond.
- technology. With friends and family spread out all over the country and with varying schedules/availability, it is nice to be able to send a text/email/make a call/post a blog/update a status/etc., and spread the word about how life is going or to check in and see how their lives are going, too!
- baby showers! Good gracious, I can't get over how generous everyone has been to us. Last night, when I sat in the nursery, gratitude washed over me when I realized how many people had contributed to the precious room and all of the fun clothes, books, toys and other baby things that we will be using very, very soon!
That's not everything I am grateful for...but I am starting to feel like I am bragging!