Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Gratitude in a doctor's office waiting room

I guess I could be pretty cranky and grumpy, since I am not feeling well, at all. I have a cough that rattles my chest, throat and head - and sinus pressure to beat the band. So, instead of sending out invitations to my pity party, I have decided to use this time to make a gratitude list, in order to turn my frown upside down. (Ew. Yes, I just said that.)


Today, I am grateful for:
- a walk in clinic close to my house, relatively speaking
- remember to put gas in my car the other day, so it wasn't on E when I headed here. It would have sucked to have to pump gas when I feel this gross.
- a husband that works from home, so I could ask him to take over on baby duty when I headed over here.
- am ample supply of entertainment magazines that I actually hadn't read yet.
- health insurance. As flawed and expensive as it may be, it is better to have it than not to have it.
- support from friends when I mentioned I don't feel well.
- sweatpants and hoodies - nothing feels better to wear when I am sick.

Dear God, thanks for all of the stuff I mentioned - and for the many things I didn't. I know I am a pretty lucky girl, overall, and that this is going to be a short term deal. Help me to remember that and to keep perspective on how things could be much, much worse. Thanks. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment