Friday, January 13, 2012

The results of the Brussels sprouts taste test

Yesterday, I confessed that I was very fearful of trying Brussels sprouts - and that they were, literally IN the oven as I was blogging about it.

I had received many suggestions of how to prepare them, but the simplest one was just to cut them in halves (or quarters) and roast them at 400 degrees, after tossing them with olive oil, sea salt, black pepper (and I added some minced garlic).

Here's how that adventure went:

They started out looking like this:













Then, I started to cook them.

Step 1:



Step 2:



Step 3:




And, the grand finale - the taste test:



So, see? I had nothing to worry about! They were FANTASTIC! I cut off the camera before you could witness me eating every single sprout on that pan. I didn't even bother with a bowl or plate. (Classy, I know!)

No comments:

Post a Comment