Monday, June 4, 2012

5 Second Rule?


As I expand further and further forward, I must also be developing a hole in my lip...or a dribbling problem. At pretty much every meal, I drop SOMETHING on myself. Here's the REAL problem: I don't just drop food ON my shirt, I drop food DOWN my shirt.

So, my question is this: Is there a 5 second rule for food that you drop down your shirt? I have heard it for food you drop on the floor, but never got any real clarification for food you drop down your own clothing.

Last week, I was at my favorite Mexican restaurant and because of the time I was there, I was the ONLY person in the whole restaurant. So, when I inevitably dropped a chip down my shirt, it never occurred to me NOT to go in there and get it. Otherwise, I just had to sit there with a chip down my shirt, and that wouldn't be very comfortable, now, would it?

When I looked up after retrieving the dropped chip, I realized that all four of the men that worked there were looking in my direction. I just meekly smiled, and held up the chip - and then, dipped it in my salsa and ate it. They quickly returned to their work, but they wouldn't make eye contact with me for the rest of the meal.

So, it got me thinking - did I make a faux pas? Is there a 5 second rule with regards to dropping food down my own shirt??

No comments:

Post a Comment