Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Flat tire

Its 4:53am. I am sitting on the side of the road with a flat tire. It's raining and 36 degrees outside. Not a lot to be grateful for...or is there?

Let's give it a shot:
- AAA - my coworker, R, suggested I get a membership a couple of years ago and now, it has more than paid for itself. Who else could I call before 5am that could come get help me?
- my coworker, R - not only did he suggest getting AAA, when I called him to tell him I wouldn't be able to make it to work on time, his first reaction was concern not annoyance.
- getting over to the side of the road safely after my tire went flat and finding a safe spot to park that is out of the way of traffic.
- the random guy that actually reversed his truck in the middle of the road to check on me - "I saw you were alone and I would want someone to make sure my wife was safe."
- a half tank of gas - there are lots of times I let it get a lot lower than that, and it would be tough to keep the car warm with no gas
- my big old winter jacket - I almost didn't put it on this morning, but did at the last minute. Now, it's keeping me warm and cozy.
- my cell phone - it called AAA with no problems, and I can type this on it while I wait (I was going to blog today, anyway!)
- a packed breakfast - I won't go hungry while I sit here.
- my Kindle - I can read if I get bored.

There. Things aren't so bad when I look at them through eyes of gratitude. They could definitely be a lot worse!

Dear God, thanks for the many blessings You have given me. Thank you for the chance to see this for what it really is, and for not making it worse with a bad attitude. I do realize that, in the grand scheme of things, I am a lucky woman. As for other things not tire related, please keep an eye on S today - he is going to need some extra TLC in the coming weeks. Please show me how I can be of service and comfort to him and anyone else You see that could use it. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment