Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Reminders everywhere....

A conversation with a dear friend yesterday bolstered my commitment to posting daily gratitude list. She and I both agreed that our attitudes make the biggest difference in our circumstances. While we'll still have the same house/job/significant other/family/problems either way, our attitude toward each of those things will change everything.

I love listening to Joel Osteen - his positive attitude always lifts me up - and yesterday, after my conversation with L, this is the message I heard from Joel!



Message received, loud and clear! I'll send up praise under all circumstances.

In the next 24 hours, I am hoping that my bosses will be giving me a contract renewal. I have had a lot of trepidation as my current contract has dwindled down to its final weeks. Will they give me a new one? What would I do if they don't? They've indicated that things are "fine"...but in these uncertain times, you never know. They've asked me to be "open minded", and honestly, I am not even sure what that means, but I am pretty sure it means that it's not going to be the big ol' raise I would have liked.

Instead of worrying today, I am choosing to be grateful about whatever outcome occurs. If they offer me one, I'll be grateful - I'll still try to make the best deal I can for me and my husband that I can, but I'll be in an attitude of gratitude about it. If they don't offer me one, or we can't seem to come to an agreement, I'll still be grateful - grateful for the job that brought me to Birmingham, where I met the love of my life, grateful to have had a 17 year run in a career that I love so much, and grateful for God pushing me to towards what must be His plan for something else.

What else am I grateful for today?
- Homemade hummus and salsa - yummy and fresh, and good for us!
- Falling gas prices - with as many miles as I drive each week, it's a huge blessing.
- Time with a beautiful blonde 5 year old girl in a sparkly sweater - 5 minutes with her made my whole night last night.
- Time today to get caught up on a few nagging things on my list that I have been avoiding


Dear God, thank you for however today turns out. Thank you for all of the blessings in my life. Thank you for the reminders in the past 24 hours that You've got this, no matter what. Please be with my friend N today as he resigns from his job, and thank you for the awesome new opportunity for him. Please also watch over L as she tackles the issues that have been plaguing her. Please show me how to be of service today, where possible, and please give me the gifts necessary to pull that off! Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment