Tuesday, November 8, 2011

A month of Thanksgiving

With Thanksgiving this month, I've been seeing lots of posts in Facebook of people saying what they feel gratitude for each day. It's inspiring to see, and it seems like the people participating this month are experiencing a shift in their attitudes. Are you participating in the month of Thanksgiving? Have you noticed a shift in how you are looking at the world?

Ever since starting these gratitude lists a few years ago, I find myself traveling through the day with my eyes peeled for positive things to report back to you. The more I look, the more I find - the more I find, the happier I am - the happier I am, the more I look - lather, rinse, repeat. It's a self-fulfilling prophecy on more than one level, and it makes my heart happy to see so many people experiencing it for themselves this month!

Today, I am grateful for:
- Lunch with B yesterday - good for my soul (and a sweet treat since she paid for it!)
- Gracious responses when I practice saying "no" and taking things off of my plate
- Cheap fix to my car/brakes issues - turns out that I don't need new brakes after all!
- Gorgeous weather and scenery - I just love November in Alabama!
- Reconnecting with friends via gratitude lists

Dear God, thank you for the many blessings in my life. Thank you for shifting some stuff around in this crazy brain of mine, and for the inspiration from B and J.A. to be a "quitter". Help me to focus on being present - really being where my feet are. Help me to be of service to others where You see fit. Please protect my beloved S as he travels these next few days, and keep my sister safe, as well. Keep an eye on M - it's been a tough couple of weeks on that girl, and please help K get better soon! Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment