Saturday, November 12, 2011

Football players praying, Indian food, and rawhide

Today, I feel grateful for:
- An outward display of the power of prayer to help heal the Penn State community by both teams playing today - now, THAT is a way to react to this whole scandal
- A yummy dinner at a new Indian restaurant - I have heard about it for the past 2 years, and finally got around to trying it, and it sounds like S wants to go back again!
- A successful day on the TV front
- New clothes for cold weather
- Rawhide bones - they occupy our dogs for hours

Dear God, thank you for the many blessings in my life - those I listed and the ones that I didn't. My heart still goes out to all of those affected by the Penn State scandal - thank you for bringing all of the students last night in a candlelight vigil and prayers by both football teams on the field today. That is much more along the lines of what I would hope to see in the way of a response to the travesty that came to light this week. Please comfort and protect all those that are suffering under the strain of this situation, and please provide healing and resolution for the victims. Keep an eye on my loved ones, friends and family, too - and show me how I can be of service to any of them, if it's possible. Please remove my resentment about ____, and help me to treat everyone with kindness, tolerance, patience and love - whether I feel like it or not. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment